Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormonism)

This post is for a couple of darling girls wanting to know more about my religion. (im typing with acrylic nails and its super annoying)
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am now 19 years old and have been a member my whole life.  When I was 8 years old i was baptized into the church, and by the laying on of hands by men who hold the priesthood of god, I was given the gift of the holy ghost, to have with me at all times.  This is given to everyone who is a member of the church... and while members cannot be baptized until they are 8, many people find the church later and are baptized, people in their 90s are getting baptized because it wasnt until their old age that the missionaries found them and taught them. when i was 12 years old,  i became of age to receive a temple recommend, and after an interview with my bishop to determine my worthiness i was able to receive a temple recommend to go to the LDS temple to perform the ordinances of baptisms for the dead. we believe that you must be baptized by immersion in order to enter the kingdom of god, so we perform these baptisms in the name of a deceased person, we believe that even though we have done the work, it is their choice to accept the baptism or not. so they arent being forced into anything.  we believe that families can be together forever!!!  and that makes me so happy because i miss my grandpa soooo much!!  i cant wait to see him on the other side!  when we marry, we marry in the LDS temple so we can be sealed to our families for always and eternity. and live with them forever.

I want to share my testimony of the church with you girls, and anyone else who reads this. I know this is the true church of God, I know Joseph Smith saw and spoke to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in the Sacred grove in palmyra, New York. I know he restored the church from the time of Christ to what it is today, I know Christ died for our sins, so we could remain clean!!!  I've used His atonement again and again!  its REAL. I know heavenly father loves all of us, he knows me by name and knows what i need help with, i know prayer works and that if we pray to him he will answer!!  I Love My heavenly father so much, im so grateful to him for all he has blesses me with, my family, my friends, my education, my trials, my everything!  I know the book of mormon is the word of God and so is the Bible. I know Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God and Is receiving revelation from him all the time for the sake of each and everyone of us individually. i love this Gosple so much!  I bear these things with you in the name of JESUS CHRIST, amen.

now that ive shared some of my testimony with you id like to share some quotes from various religious leaders or scriptures that i like,


D&C 78:18- "And ye cannot bear all things now, nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along, the kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours and the riches of eternity are yours"

Alma 36:3- "And now, o my son Helaman, Behold  thou art in thy youth, and therefore i beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for i do know that whosoever shall put their trust in the God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."

D&C 76:22-24 " And now after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony last of all which we give of him, THAT HE LIVES!! for we saw him, even on the right hand of God and heard the voive bearing record that he is the only begotten of the father, that by him and through him and of him the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God"

D&C 18:10- "remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God"

James 1:5-6-- "if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men lierally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering..."

Revelation 7: 17-- "for the lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto the fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes"

Isaiah 54: 16-- Behold i have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and i have created the waster to destroy"

“You are a beloved daughter of Heavenly Father, prepared to come to the earth at this particular time for a sacred and glorious purpose.” 1 Sisters, those words are true! They are not made up in a fairy tale! Isn’t it remarkable to know that our eternal Heavenly Father knows you, hears you, watches over you, and loves you with an infinite love? In fact, His love for you is so great that He has granted you this earthly life as a precious gift of “once upon a time,” complete with your own true story of adventure, trial, and opportunities for greatness, nobility, courage, and love. And, most glorious of all, He offers you a gift beyond price and comprehension. Heavenly Father offers to you the greatest gift of all—eternal life—and the opportunity and infinite blessing of your own “happily ever after.”
But such a blessing does not come without a price. It is not given simply because you desire it. It comes only through understanding who you are and what you must become in order to be worthy of such a gift."
Elder Uchtdorf, April 2010 General Conference, Your Happily Ever After

No Father would send His children off to a distant, dangerous land for a lifetime of testing where Lucifer was known to roam free without first providing them with a personal power of protection. He would also supply them with means to communicate with Him from Father to child and from child to Father. Every child of our Father sent to earth is provided with the Spirit of Christ, or the Light of Christ. 1 We are, none of us, left here alone without hope of guidance and redemption.
President Packer October 2009 General Conference, Prayer and Promptings
FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment